Saturday, July 19, 2008

What A Wonderful Surprise!


Yesterday, as I was spending some quality time with my newest grandson, Wyatt, I heard the sound of horses' hooves on the driveway and people talking. To my surprise, I had an Olympic horse and a World Cup horse walking down my laneway. Jill Henselwood and friend, Sue Hobin were out for a hack on Special Ed and Black Ice. Jill, in her laughing manner said, "I'm getting my horse ready for the Olympics and thought I'd come over to jump some of your cross country!"
This had all of us in laughs, as we remembered that Jill in earlier years would bring green hunters out to participate in the local one day event at Elchris, on the edge of Kemptville put on by the Oxford Downs Pony Club. She was always such a good sport and even won the trophy for "Novice" one year. Our property had bush trails with varying degrees of difficulty for cross country schooling and even used to host events when it was "fun" and not over regulated as it became.

It was also wonderful to see an Olympic rider out hacking along the country roads, to give her horse a mental break in preparation for the Olympics. For Jill, Sue and I it was a moment of past memories and excitement for Jill's future as she prepares for Beijing.
Drop in anytime girls! You made my day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home