Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Colorado, A Photographer's Dream

This past Thanksgiving weekend, I spent in Denver, Colorado.  On Friday morning, I left the hotel at 4 a.m. to drive to Colorado Springs to view the Garden of the Gods at sunrise.  In my excitement, I arrived 1 hour before sunrise and happily wandered around in the dark.  But it was all worth it.  As the first rays of red light hit the red stones, I was in heaven.  Capturing this natural beauty in the early morning light had my whole body tingling.

By 8:30 a.m. I was off on tour to see Colorado plains and mountain country.  My destination was Aspen Colorado and the famed Independence Trail.  Oh what a trip!  400  miles later at 7:00 p.m. I was back in my hotel in Denver.

I started out in the Garden of the Gods and at the end of the day, I felt God had given me a guided tour of one of the most beautiful areas in the world.  Man, it's great to be alive!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!!!

October 13, 2010 at 11:41 p.m.  
Blogger Betty Cooper said...

Thank you for the compliment. It was a great experience.

October 14, 2010 at 5:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Judy Rodrigue said...

Wonderful shots Betty! Your early morning trip was well worthwhile.

October 20, 2010 at 3:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home