Friday, June 19, 2009

The Brigadoon Restaurant

I enjoyed photographing the Brigadoon for owner, Cheryl Mackey as she is preparing to update her website, brochures and business cards. It reminded me of how wrong I can be at times.

Many years ago this historic building had been a general store, gift shop and then an antique store. The building was sold and we had heard that a restaurant was going to be there. When I heard it was going to be a "fine dining" restaurant I was astonished. I could not imagine that people would drive to the tiny rural village of Oxford Mills. How WRONG I was.
People travel from all over eastern Ontario, Quebec and New York state to have lunch or supper here. Once I ran into a couple from Pennsylvania who were returning for their fourth visit. Often when I am photographing weddings, guests will ask me where I am from. When I respond Oxford Mills, their 100% response is, "Oh, where the Brigadoon is ! I've been there."
This is one of those times, I'm really pleased that I was wrong. Ted and I will celebrate our 39th anniversary at the Brigadoon. I can hardly wait to see what will be on the menu that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home