Thursday, March 4, 2010

CHICKEN MAN

This past weekend while driving to a basketball tournament in Hamilton, I had a young entrepreneur named Alex with me. She explained her "business" , which was gathering and selling eggs from her chickens, saving her money and investing in an incubator to be able to expand towards raising her own ducks and chickens. On the side she had a jewellery design business also that was adding to the coffers.
It reminded me of a special session with a family in Cazenovia, New York who also had a sharp young man who sold his eggs to the Syracuse University staff and invested wisely. In my mind I always remember him as the "Chicken Man". He quickly scooped up two chickens, one under each arm and posed for the camera. Karsh had nothing on the expression and sense of self satisfaction that this young man portrayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home