Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Torosay Castle, A Scottish Jewel

Ourside of Craignure, Isle of Mull are two of the most beautiful castles in Scotland. Torosay is a lived in family home and Duart is a symbol of historical Scotland.
Torosay was my favorite castle to visit in Scotland, not because it was the grandest or richest, but because it showed a rich and loving heritage from the past and offered genuine hospitality to its guests. The writings were of "real" people with personalities exposed that helped you to understand that this was a loved home.
Here, there were no ropes keeping you out but instead an invitation to sit down and enjoy your surroundings whether inside or within the beautiful gardens. Here you were encouraged to take photos much to my delight and because of it, I wanted to buy a book of the castle so that I would have more knowledge of its history.
To top it off, I met Mrs. James, other of the owner who was willing to spend time and answer my questions. I certainly hope that the beautiful weather held for her as she was anxiously awaiting her god daughter, whom she had not seen in sixty years, from Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home